This acting group is ideal if you want to boost your confidence or presentation skills or just want to have fun. Discover the buzz actors feel every time they go on stage, learn how to let yourself become other people and explore. During this term you will build up a tool-kit of performance skills enabling you to unlock character, help spontaneity and free your inner performer from inhibition.
Once students have been coming for awhile, or if they have experience from elsewhere, they will be invited to join our Acting for Intermediates course.
The Spring term starting in January 2017 will consist of the following:
* Spontaneity and the work of Keith Johnstone
* Image Theatre - Actor and their body and the work of Augusto Boal
* Commedia dell-Arte - Physical characterisation and comedy
* Meisner Technique - How to achieve truthful acting and emotional preparation
* Actioning a Text - looking at the work of Out of Joint theatre company
Teacher: Claire Amias
Claire is a RADA trained actor. She has worked extensively on stage and screen. She also acts and directs for her theatre company A Monkey With Cymbals.
Claire has toured with Handbagged (Eleanor Lloyd Productions) and Funny Peculiar (BKL) on UK No1 tours, and played Vivianne in the play Women of Twilight at The Pleasance Theatre.
On screen Claire has played main supporting roles in numerous feature films including Beattie in The Magic Hour, (screened at BAFTA as part of the London Film Festival) and Ms Conrad in Telling Lies, (with Jason Flemyng and Melanie Brown).