Do you fancy yourself as the new Miranda Hart, Roisin Conaty or Greg Davies? Then this course is for you!
In this 11 week Comedy Acting Course you will be learning:
- The fundamentals of comic timing
- How to construct characters using vocal and physical techniques
- Learning to play again in a safe and friendly environment
- How to structure scripts, treatments and ideas for TV and radio comedy
- Learning the art of storytelling
- Trusting your instincts and creating new comedy material
- Expanding your imagination and creativity
- Working with TV comedy scripts and establishing your own path into comedy
- Core improvisational techniques
- How to pitch your ideas within the comedy industry
There is no need for prior experience. This course is all about having fun, understanding the comedy industry and working towards creating your own sketches and scripts. It will support students who want to have a bit of fun whilst developing their comic timing skills or stand-up comedians who wish to develop their acting skills. This course is for anyone who wants to build their confidence, meet new people, have fun and say yes to creativity and spontaneity! It would also suit anybody who wishes to improve communication skills for work purposes including dealing with colleagues, clients and public speaking.
Teacher: Maddy Anholt
Maddy trained at ALRA (The Academy of Live and Recorded Arts) and had her first one woman comedy show produced by The Canal Cafe Theatre. Following this she had a sell-out run at the Gilded Balloon, Edinburgh Festival Fringe and at the Soho Theatre, London. She is currently appearing in BBC Sitcom Sunny D, has been commissioned by Warner Bros for her first character comedy pilot and is developing another comedy sitcom with Hardeep Singh Kohli for BBC Radio 4.
Maddy is an experienced Improv Comedy teacher.