This Comedy Improv Course is all about saying 'yes'! Yes to your imagination and yes to your creativity. The aim is to open up your mind and body through character, voice and dialogue. You will learn the fundamentals of comedy in a fun and friendly environment. Improv is not the same as standup, you don't need to be good at telling jokes or be quick-witted, it's about working together as a team and creating scenes, sketches, playing games and learning storytelling. This course is for anyone who wants to build their confidence, meet new people, have fun and say yes to creativity and spontaneity! It would also suit anybody who wishes to improve communication skills for work purposes including dealing with colleagues, clients and general public speaking. And of course will support actors who want to have a bit of fun whilst developing their comic timing skills or stand up comedians who wish to develop their acting skills.
The 6-Week Comedy Improv Course will cover:
* Creating scenes and sketches
* Freeing yourself from anxiety and learning to play again
* Exercising your ability to be spontaneous
* Learning the art of storytelling
* Constructing characters, working on both physical and vocal techniques
* Listen and Response techniques
* Expanding and training your Imagination Muscles
* Working as a team as well as an individual learning core Improvisation Techniques
Teacher: Maddy Anholt
Maddy trained at ALRA (The Academy of Live and Recorded Arts) and had her first one woman comedy show produced by The Canal Cafe Theatre. Following this she had a sell-out run at the Gilded Balloon, Edinburgh Festival Fringe and at the Soho Theatre, London. She is currently appearing in BBC Sitcom Sunny D, has been commissioned by Warner Bros for her first character comedy pilot and is developing another comedy sitcom with Hardeep Singh Kohli for BBC Radio 4.
Maddy is an experienced Improv Comedy teacher.