PR and Social Media Apprentice
JOB DESCRIPTION: PR and Social Media Apprentice
Reporting to: Managing Director
Place of Work: Based in London Head Office (Royal Docks) but could involve travel to other venues in London
Hours of Work: 30 - 35 per week
Salary: To be negotiated according to age and experience
Period: 12 – 18 months depending on level 2 or level 3
The award winning Anna Fiorentini Theatre & Film School has supported hundreds of inner city children over the years and has an excellent reputation within the performing arts industry. In 2015 we also launched Stage & the City; after work performing arts classes for adults that wish to have fun. ALL profits from this new venture provide bursaries for disadvantaged children that wish to attend the Fiorentini School.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised, talented and creative focussed individual with social media marketing knowledge.
• To promote the Anna Fiorentini Theatre School and Stage & the City by expanding our social media profiles and online marketing.
• Take leadership in creating a vibrant online presence for the school through regular posts and updates on social media and other online networks.
• To expand our on-line marketing through the use of social media, SEO, Facebook Ads and appropriate PPC
• With a keen attention to detail and eye for creativity, you will successfully oversee all aspects of media photography activity for case studies, website and social media.
• Manage incoming and outgoing communications. This will include answering the telephone, handling enquiries, writing letters, booking in students, induction sessions and liaison with partners
• Helping to organise events that support our open days and our fundraising activities
• Sending press releases on a regular basis and identifying stories that are newsworthy
Skills and Experience
• Excellent spoken and written English and experience in writing and editing copies for digital channels in line with brand guidelines and tone of voice.
• Excellent digital skills, including experience of using content management systems, e-communications systems and social media.
• Digital image editing
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• IT literate (Word, Excel, Google docs)
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proven organisational skills; the ability to plan and prioritise and to work to deadlines Desirable
• Valid DBS check
• Blogging experience
• An interest in performing arts
• Experience of working in a similar role
• Experience of promotions or marketing
What we offer:
• NVQ Level 2/3 Business Admin with Social Media
• A dynamic and friendly working atmosphere
• Chance to take on responsibility and develop your skill set
• Opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial based business and eventually step into a head of marketing role
• Possibility of a full time position after successful completion of apprenticeship
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org